An application process is now under way for those who are interested in filling one of NEA of Southern Nevada's current Board of Directors vacancies. Appointments for vacant positions will be made by President Vicki Kreidel. The application process will run from June 8-30, 2019. Any applications made after 11:59 PM on June 30th will not be considered before those who submitted on time.
Appointees will be notified by July 10th, and announcements will be made publicly by July 15th on NEA-SN's website, social media, and through our newsletter.
The following positions are vacant at this time for the NEA of Southern Nevada Board of Directors:
- Treasurer (This is an Officer position and this role will require a bigger time commitment including an extra meeting ce a month)
- Elementary School - Board of Director (3 positions available)
- Middle School - Board of Director (1 position available)
- High School - Board of Director (1 positive available)
- Other Licensed Personnel - Board of Director (2 positions available)
** All those who sit upon the Board of Directors are held to the standard of being able to attend all Leadership Council Meeting and NEA-SN-hosted events. This is on top of the requirement of attendance to all Board of Directors Meetings during the membership year as outlined in the NEA of Southern Nevada Bylaws.
*** You MUST BE a currently paid dues member to be appointed. If you need to bring your membership dues current by setting up your electronic funds transfer (EFT), please contact Karlana Kulseth ASAP to get this process started.
If you have any questions about the vacancy positions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Vicki Kreidel, President
Carmen Andrews, Vice President
Karlana Kulseth, Secretary
Karen Ackerman, Treasurer
NEA-SN Office Contact:
Karlana R. Kulseth, M.Ed.
NEA of Southern Nevada
O: (702) 733-7330 x5016
C: (702) 596-2623